FAQS: Cosmetic Gynecological Surgery
At Spa V, we specialize in intimate health and wellness. It’s no surprise, then, that some of the most frequently asked questions we get are related to cosmetic gynecological surgery. Many women are still unfamiliar with these procedures, although they are increasing in popularity. So, what exactly is cosmetic gynecological surgery and why would someone choose it? Let’s find out.
1) What Types Of Gynecological Surgery Do You Perform?
We perform a variety of gynecology surgeries:
- Labiaplasty – Creates symmetry and removes excess tissue of the labia majora and/or minora
- Vaginoplasty – Tightens and reinforces the entire length of the vaginal canal.
- Clitoral hood reduction – Removes excess skin around the clitoris
- Perineoplasty – Tightens the opening of the vagina, repairing the underlying muscles of the perineum.
- Hymenoplasty – Restores the hymeneal ring giving the appearance of being virginal.
Many times several of them are combined during a single procedure for the best results.
2) What Does The Downtime Look Like?
All of our surgeries are outpatient, which means you’ll go home the same day. Depending on the procedure, you’ll need to take it easy for at least 1-2 weeks. Then, you may resume your normal daily activities as you feel up to them. However, we advise against sex for 6 weeks to allow for suitable healing.
3) What Are The Benefits?
Choosing surgery is an incredibly intimate decision – and not just for the obvious reason. The truth is that there are many different reasons why women undergo these procedures, and all of them are valid. For many women, factors like aging or having children have affected the appearance of the vulva and may lead to self-consciousness. In those cases, having a labiaplasty or vaginoplasty can significantly enhance their confidence and desire for intimacy. Or, some women may have religious or cultural concerns related to the hymen being intact before marriage and wish to have hymenoplasty performed to restore it. Although these are considered cosmetic surgeries, they provide real tangible benefits to patients.
To learn more about cosmetic surgery and the procedures we perform at Spa V, contact us for a consultation.